Playing Catch Up

I spent most of last night chasing that elusive thing called sleep.

Ugh.  I didn’t sleep good at all, and I feel it this morning.

I had taken something for my headache Friday night after getting off work at 11:00 p.m., and it didn’t sit right with me.  I tossed and turned.  I woke up many times.  I slept, but didn’t feel like I had really been asleep.

I did get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep from about 3:00 a.m. until 7:30 a.m.

Man, am I tired this morning.

So let me catch you up on the past few days.

My days kind of looked like this.

Wake up.

Go, go, go.


Go, go, go.


Go, go, sleep.


Thursday I had debated if I was going to run the 4.5 miles or the 8 miles, both of which were left on my training schedule for the week.  I knew the weather was supposed to warm up over the weekend, but they were also calling for rain one of those days, and sometimes I don’t like leaving my long runs for the very last day.  You just never know what the weather is going to bring.

Since I had my morning free on Thursday, I bundled up (well, a little) and headed out in the 28 degree weather.

sat11 hour and 46 minutes late, my 8 miles was complete.

I ran part way through my parent’s neighborhood, and then down the main roads.  Most was on a sidewalk, but a small part was just on a large shoulder.  I got over my fear of running on the main roads.

sat2I pretty much maintained the same speed throughout my run, except for mile 7.  There were hills on that mile, and my little legs just couldn’t conquer those hills after running 6 miles.  The largest hill was walked up, not ran up.  I am okay with that.

This is the farthest I have ever ran and the longest I have ever ran, and I was oh so proud of myself when I was finished.

I had just enough time to get home shower, get ready for work, and run out the door to go by my grandparent’s before work.

My lunch, or well snack was a Clif Bar.


The Pecan Pie flavor was really good.  I often worry about the flavor of the Clif Bars.  My Mom buys them as a treat for my sister and I sometimes, and we will get a choice of what flavor we want, and I sit contemplating for a few minutes which flavor do I think will taste the best.  I haven’t been disappointed yet with my flavor choices.

Friday Samantha and I planned on heading to Richmond to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s. There was a little freezing rain Friday morning and schools ended up closing for the day.  We ended up running errands in Fredericksburg, and then it was time for me to head to work.

I can’t complain about my last two days being jammed packed, because they were jammed packed with things that I enjoyed doing, but I didn’t have a chance to do much of anything around the house.  I was more than happy to have this morning at home, catching up on that growing to- do list, that didn’t get much crossed off of this week.

I’ve been reading My Healthy Happy Home, and she has done the Whole 30 Challenge before and is getting ready to start again.   I thought that the challenge sounded like a really good way to get you into choosing whole unprocessed foods. I know that my sweets addiction is crazy.  I eat sweets multiple times a day, and I need to get away from doing that.  I’m not eating meat though, which they have said you won’t get the same results as if you were following it with eating meat.

I was going through recipes, and making my meal plans and I kind of started to panic.  I felt like I was making the Whole 30 Challenge into a diet plan, and a diet is the last thing I want to put myself on.  I don’t want to put the pressure on myself.  I don’t want to feel like I have failed, if I go off track on the challenge.  So instead I decided to use the Whole 30 as a guide.  A guide for me to make better choices in my day to day eats, and hopefully curb the sugar addiction.

I’m going to post about my meals, and how the challenge is going.  My ups and downs.  The new foods I try, the likes and dislikes.

This morning, I got to chopping some veggies to have on hand for the next few days.

sat4My breakfast was 2 eggs, mushrooms, onions, spinach, tomato, and hot sauce.

sat5So can I tell you that after eating breakfast I did feel like I was missing something.  Toast?  A piece of chocolate?  I didn’t eat anything to try and satisfy that craving and it eventually went away.

What are you up to this weekend?

Is it warming up where you are at?





About these ads

2 thoughts on “Playing Catch Up

    • Thanks! It’s funny how your priorities change once you pick up running. I look at the weather a million times and plan my runs according to the weather. I’ve been trying to make sure I fuel my body in the correct way. It’s a work in progress, but I’m getting there. Thanks for stopping by!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s